What is the challenge?
For adults, the challenge is to run, walk, cycle or buggy push 365 miles during 2018 or to complete 365 hours doing other physical activities such as gym/bootcamp classes, swimming, dancing, team sports, dog-walking, etc. Or a combination of miles and hours of activity. Any activity counts – not just sessions offered by Fitmums & Friends.
Children are being challenged to complete 365 hours of activity over the year; preferably sixty minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity every day. This could be anything, like walking, scooting or cycling to school, PE lessons, sports clubs or even playing catch or tig with friends.
For each mile or hour of activity, colour in a mosaic tile on a choice of activity charts (more about these below). For already active individuals, how many charts can you complete in the year?!
The challenge is open to all: adults and children, current, potential and non-members, living in the UK or abroad. For £5, each participant will receive a milestone certificate at 100, 200 and 365 tiles and a medal upon completion, with all entry fees going directly back to Fitmums & Friends to help support the work we do in local communities to help people become more active. If you would like to complete additional charts upon completion of your first they are £2.50 each (if you require an additional medal it will be £5)
What’s an activity chart?
Thanks to Springfield Solutions, we have a selection of mosaic activity charts which you can use to record your miles or hours. Enjoy choosing your chart and planning your colour theme.
Keep in touch During the challenge keep in touch with us via the Fitmums & Friends 365 Challenge Facebook page. Show us your chart and tell us how things are going. We love to hear your stories and who you are inspiring!
Milestone certificates Download these here celebrate reaching the milestones of 100, 200 and 365 tiles.
End of challenge bling Let us know when you have completed your 365 Challenge and we will send you a beautiful medal designed by Springfield Solutions.
How do I get involved?
1. It costs £5 to take part; donate the entry fee of £5 for each participant via Paypal using the link PayPal.Me/fitmumsandfriends/5.00 , Alternatively, you can pay using BACS Sort Code: 40-25-59 Account Number: 00130370. Please put your name and "365" as Ref if paying this way.
2. Then email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details: Each participant’s name, age and address (so we can send you your medal!) If you are a current Fitmums & Friends member, please tell us which Club you are with. (Don’t forget, you don’t need to be a member!) Tell us which activity chart each person would like.
3. Once we receive payment and contact details, we will send you an email with a link to a downloadable activity chart. Print this off – we recommend printing on A3 paper for best results but it will also work on A4 paper. Now you are ready to start the challenge. Your 365 days start from the day you choose.
Schools/sports club Challenge:
Background Fitmums & Friends, which started in East Yorkshire, is now an award-winning charity, fuelled by a passionate team of volunteers working across Hull, Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire. Volunteers inspire both members and the local community to become and stay active, leading them in running, fitness and buggy walks, cycle rides and junior athletics sessions. The 365 Challenge has been developed to continue the strong passion of Fitmums & Friends to support more people to enjoy the benefits of being active.
- Beverley (East Yorkshire)
- Boothferry (West Hull)
- Cottingham (East Yorkshire)
- Dearne Valley (South Yorkshire)
- Grimsby (N.E Lincs)
- East Hull
- Harrogate (North Yorkshire)
- Hedon (East Yorkshire)
- Withernsea (East Yorkshire)
- York Rose (North Yorkshire)
- In The Pink Support Scheme
- Buggy Sessions
- The Fitmums Choir
- The Fitmums Cycle Squad
- Fitness Walk
Fitmums is an excellent initiative that brings together women to share in the double joys of running and motherhood and support each other while making friendships for life.